St. Germaine Pre-School FUN Camp
Two Weeks June 17-21, 2019 and June 24-28, 2019
Monday thru Friday 9:00 a.m. until 11:30 a.m.
Join us for one week or two, whatever works for you!
Download Registration form here
For Three, Four & Five Year Olds
Participants need not be students at St. Germaine School
(We will include “potty trained” 3 year old to students going into first grade!)
Enrollment for each week will be limited to 25 participants.
Each day will be a new and fun experience! Our tentative calendar of events is included below. Participants can register for one week or two. Activities will be different each day.
Each participant will receive a camp t-shirt! (Be sure to indicate t-shirt size on the registration form) We hope that each participant will wear this t-shirt to camp each day.
We’ll spend our time each day working on a number of activities: free play, age appropriate learning games on IPADs, story time and appropriate early literacy skills, crafts and puzzles, organized gym activities (hula-hoops, scooters, bowling, beach balls, floor parachute), simple literacy and number activities, and, of course, snacks.
We ask that each participant to bring a water bottle, sun screen, and an extra set of clothing (if appropriate for the young participants). Please be sure that all items participants bring have their names on them!
- 9:00-9:10 Sign in, quiet indoor play, puzzles
- 9:10-9:20 Theme story and age appropriate literacy activities
- 9:20-9:50 Theme activities/games/songs/IPAD activities
- 9:50-10:05 Snack
- 10:05-10:30 Science Connections
- 10:30-11:00 Supervised play/outside activities
- 11:00-11:20 Go Noodle Movement website, sing along, movement activities
- 11:20-11:30 Preparing for tomorrow, getting ready to go home
Arrival and Dismissal will take place at the Gym Doors on the east (parking lot) side of the building
- 1 week (M-F) for one participant $85
- 1 week (M-F) for two participants (siblings) $140
- 2 weeks (M-F) for one participant $155
- 2 weeks (M-F) for two participants (siblings) $240
Additional siblings $10 per day/participant
Limit 25 students per class
For more information, or to register, please call St. Germaine School
708-425-6063 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The registration form may also be used to register. Please return the form to the school office (9735 S. Kolin) or to the Parish Center (9711 S. Kolin)
(If we determine that placement in the program is not appropriate for your child’s needs, we may need to review continued participation)
Monday, June 17 – Ride ’em Cowboy
- Story: Gingerbread Cowboy, Songs around the campfire, s’mores, cowboy hats, and horsey relay races
- Science Connection: Rocks and Minerals Panning for gold
Tuesday, June 18 – What’s Cooking?
- Story: Stone Soup, Making Stone Soup; sharing; healthy desserts
- Science Connection: What’s a recipe? Measuring
Wednesday, June 19 – Dinosaur Discoveries
- Story: Dinosaur Roar! Sand table archeology Fossil Dig
- Science Connection: Making Fossils
Thursday, June 20 Surf’s Up
- Story: Rainbow Fish, Bubbles, “virtual” zoo visit
- Science Connection: Sea Creatures
Friday, June 21 – Little Van Goghs
- Story:Mouse Paint Famous pictures Create a masterpiece
- Science Connection: Mixing colors
Monday, June 24 – In the Rainforest
- Story: The Great Kapok Tree, Making a Tropical Bird
- Science Connection: Animals of the Rainforest
Tuesday, June 25 – Pirate Treasure
- Story: There was an old pirate… Treasure Hunt
- Science Connection: Sink or Float?
Wednesday, June 26 – Nursery Rhymes
- Story: The Three Little Pigs, Share well-known fairy tale and nursery rhymes
- Science Connection: Constructing a House for the 3 pigs
Thursday, June 27 – Summer snow Day
- Story: Snow Day, Making snow. Paper plate skiing and paper snowball throwing
- Science Connection: Why does it snow?
Friday, June 28 – Celebrate America!
- Story: Duck for President, Decorate bikes, tricycles, or wagons from home for our end-of-camp parade
- Science Connection: Pinwheels and wind