St. Germaine Pre-School FUN Camp
Two Weeks June 18-22, 2018 and June 25-29, 2018
Monday thru Friday 9:00 a.m. until 11:30 a.m.
Join us for one week or two, whatever works for you!
For Three, Four & Five Year Olds
Participants need not be students at St. Germaine School
(We will include “potty trained” 3 year old to students going into first grade!)
Enrollment for each week will be limited to 25 participants.
Each day will be a new and fun experience! Our tentative calendar of events is included below. Participants can register for one week or two. Activities will be different each day.
Each participant will receive a camp t-shirt! (Be sure to indicate t-shirt size on the registration form) We hope that each participant will wear this t-shirt to camp each day.
We’ll spend our time each day working on a number of activities: free play, age appropriate learning games on IPADs, story time and appropriate early literacy skills, crafts and puzzles, organized gym activities (hula-hoops, scooters, bowling, beach balls, floor parachute), simple literacy and number activities, and, of course, snacks.
We ask that each participant to bring a water bottle, sun screen, and an extra set of clothing (if appropriate for the young participants). Please be sure that all items participants bring have their names on them!
- 9:00-9:10 Sign in, quiet indoor play, puzzles
- 9:10-9:20 Theme story and age appropriate literacy activities
- 9:20-9:50 Theme activities/games/songs/IPAD activities
- 9:50-10:05 Snack
- 10:05-10:30 Science Connections
- 10:30-11:00 Supervised play/outside activities
- 11:00-11:20 Go Noodle Movement website, sing along, movement activities
- 11:20-11:30 Preparing for tomorrow, getting ready to go home
Arrival and Dismissal will take place at the Gym Doors on the east (parking lot) side of the building
- 1 week (M-F) for one participant $85
- 1 week (M-F) for two participants (siblings) $140
- 2 weeks (M-F) for one participant $155
- 2 weeks (M-F) for two participants (siblings) $240
Additional siblings $10 per day/participant
Limit 25 students per class
For more information, or to register, please call St. Germaine School
708-425-6063 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Each day will be supervised by certified teachers from St. Germaine. (Mrs. Donnelly, Ms. Fleckenstein)
The registration form may also be used to register. Please return the form to the school office (9735 S. Kolin) or to the Parish Center (9711 S. Kolin)
(If we determine that placement in the program is not appropriate for your child’s needs, we may need to review continued participation)
Monday, June 18 – Eric Carle Day
- Story: The Hungry Caterpillar, Crawl Tunnel, Songs about bugs, water color art, make discover bottles
- Science Connection: Color Mixing, Sorting
Tuesday, June 19 – What’s Cooking?
- Story: Eating the Alphabet, Picking out healthy snacks. Alphabet soup sort.
- Science Connection: Milking a cow Measuring ingredients.
Wednesday, June 20 – Reptile Day
- Story: A Color of His Own! Sand table archaeology, Reptile Dig
- Science Connection: Making Fossils
Thursday, June 21 The Circus is in Town
- Story: Circus is in Town, Balloon Painting, Bean Bag Toll, Ring Toss, Parachute Tent
- Science Connection: That’s Such a Gas
Friday, June 22 – Have a Ball
- Story: Hit the Ball Duck, Bouncy Ball Sorting, Games with Balls, Ball Art
- Science Connection: Pumping Air, Heavy or Light
Monday, June 25 – Lego Mania
- Story: Lego City, Make Lego Rainbows. Lego Person Project
- Science Connection: Lego and Playdoh impressions.
Tuesday, June 26 – Space
- Story: Draw Me a Star. Bathing in Space. Astronaut Training Day.
- Science Connection: Moon Rock sorting and counting. Rockets that work.
Wednesday, June 27 – Fairy Tales
- Story: The Three Billy Goats Gruff, Troll Masks, Playdough Trolls
- Science Connection: Constructing a Bridge for the Goats.
Thursday, June 28 – Up, Up and Away
- Story: Things That Go! Make Hot Air Balloons.
- Science Connection: Sink/Float, Let’s Drive
Friday, June 29 – Picnic Parade Day
- Story: The Bears Picnic, Decorate bikes, tricycles, or wagons from home for our end-of-camp parade
- Science Connection: Pinwheels and wind, Watermelon Exp.